Thursday, August 25, 2011

The unknown is no longer unknown!!!

Last Thursday August 18th we found out that our little baby is a GIRL!!!! If you have talked to me while I have been prego you know how much I want a girl! Going to the doctors I had a little prayer in my heart that we would know my Heavenly Fathers plan for us in raising this wonderful child of God and that I would be excited if we were having a boy or a girl. It was a long wait for the doctor to finally tell us that we were going to have a little girl. If you know the Scott family you know how girls are seriously lacking. It was so fun to tell Michael's parents that they are going to have another granddaughter (9 grandsons and only 3 granddaughters soon to be 4). My parents both thought that we were going to have a little boy and they were very excited to hear it is a girl (2 granddaughters and 4 grandsons). The girls are way out number in our families.

Michael and I decided to go the Carter's afterward to celebrate and buy 1 outfit each for our daughter.... of course I couldn't just pick one! Everything is just so cute! It is so amazing that technology has changed so much and we are able to find out the sex of our baby before hand. I have been waiting for this day for a long time and now that it has come and gone I have been keeping busy buying fabric, making hair clips and headbands, and dreaming of who she is going to look like. Is she going to have my nose, Michael's smile, red hair like Grandpa, only 19 more weeks and all these questions will be answered.

I have been feeling her move all around. It is an interesting feeling to know that I am growing a little baby. I knew that before but now that I can feel her move it is a beautiful reminder all day long that she is really there. The other night (Aug 22) she was moving so much it was like she was swimming laps. I put Michael's hand on my tummy to see if he could feel it and sure enough he could. It is fun for Michael to be able to feel her. I already love her so much!

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say it one more time...I was right!!! I was the first to guess on facebook and I was right!!!
    ~V-Ron~

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh what a happy post.
    i love you.
    i love her.
    i can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete